Working as a PHP Developer: job description and skills requirements
PHP developers create programs and applications using this server-side scripting language. PHP was designed for web development but is also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP commands can be embedded directly into a HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data. PHP developers frequently work in linux environments with an Apache Server and MySQL database data storage (known as the LAMP archetypal model). Many popular web content management systems are written in PHP including MediaWiki, Joomla, WordPress and Drupal, so some PHP developers works on projects based on those frameworks, maintaining or extending functionality.
Working as a PHP Developer: what skills do you need to know?
- MongoDB, CakePHP and Front End Development are the primary requirements for this role
- Write proper documentation to improve code quality.
- Write comprehensive unit test and perform peer code reviews
- Always eager to learn about new technologies
- Understands the importance of a 'user first' approach
- Able to effectively switch between different tasks
PHP Developer vacancies at Jobspotting
Examples of actual PHP Developer job postings
A Midrand-based company is hiring for a Senior PHP Developer (Qual, MVC, Apache) with experience in Mvc, PHP and Apache Web server
Job prospects as a PHP Developer:
There are currently 1 offers in None
There were 1 jobs in None during the last 4 weeks
Occupations related to PHP Developer: